Has anyone seen this movie? I used to watch it all the time when I was a kid.
Welcome back to Well-Fed Redhead! I took a rather lengthy hiatus to get my behind in gear after finishing culinary school and my internship in San Francisco. To briefly summarize the last three months of my life:
- I moved back to NYC.
- I got a low-paying job at a well-known international vegan restaurant that never had any customers.
- I quit that job because it couldn’t support living in the city.
- Upon realizing I was destitute and that my lease was up, I packed up my apartment and moved back to my parents house in NJ.
- I got a new job in my hometown at a super meaty restaurant that cures its own bacon.
Now that my life has settled down a bit I want to get back to blogging and plan to use this blog for recipe development and as a wellness journal. My job keeps me pretty busy so I will probably only be posting a couple days a week, but the great part of having practically no audience is that I have no pressure to blog every day!
What has been on my mind lately:
- Running! I finished physical therapy in April after a whole year of not being able to run. Now I have ran 3 5K’s and 167 miles! I’m kind of obsessed now and think about running all the time. Yet somehow when I’m actually running I still can’t wait for it to be over… (pic from Dailymile.)
- HENRY. Is Henry ever not on my mind? I plead the fifth but it should be known that I am obsessed my cat. In the best cat-lady way possible. Since we last spoke I have had a failed experiment with making raw cat food from scratch. I have also spent hundreds of dollars on vet bills because my precious feline so selflessly took it upon himself to develop chronic asthma while I was away in San Francisco. Yes, cat inhalers do exist. On a positive note, Henry has lost two pounds!
- Coffee. I am officially re-addicted. What is your Starbucks order? Recently I am all about iced coffee with soy milk and one pump of pumpkin spice. It’s a mouthful to say but I love it!
- Pitch Perfect! I just saw this last night and it is my new favorite movie. Everyone go see it immediately or we can’t be friends.
- Pancakes! (Hint: this may or may not be related to tomorrow’s recipe)
I have a delicious fall-inspired recipe to share tomorrow. GET EXCITED!